Summer fun may involve many activities and components: sunshine, heat, water, long days, picnics, family get-togethers, travel, gardening, new experiences, and carefree recreation. But it also means sun and burns with a lot of sweating, dryness, skin problems like tan, blemishes, pimples, rashes and many more. With the blazing sun of the summer months, one needs to know how to look fresh and vibrant.
So here are some effortless precautions to stay healthy in the warmer, lazier days of summer.
- Always stay hydrated: The recommendation of eight to ten glasses of water a day can help prevent illness, keep bones and muscles healthy, help maintain weight, improves brain function and top it all, acts fuel to activities throughout the day.
- Always Eat Fresh: It is imperative to make sure you are eating the right foods, the right way to fitness and health. Always picks freshly harvested foods to extract the best benefits they offer. Load up on mangoes, plums, tomatoes, berries, watermelon, oranges. It takes longer for the stomach to digest food plus the hot weather does not allow you to load up on too many foods. It is good to have lighter meals rather than having heavy ones, especially at night. Load up on more body cooling foods and more hydrating foods that will help you keep going in this heat. Eat more watermelon, sesame, coconut water, cucumber, mint, fennel seeds. Go for nutritional supplements rich in Antioxidants and Vitamins.
- Mix Pleasure with exercise – Lifestyle modification: Regular exercise has been shown to improve heart health, reduce pain and improve stress. Enjoy hiking, gardening and the great outdoors. Turn simple activities like going to the zoo or visiting a park into exercise by using the stairs, taking the long route or even adding in some stretches.
- Stay Shady: We all love the summer heat, but it is important to stay in the shade whenever possible. Try to limit your time in the direct sunshine between 10 am and 4 pm, when UV exposure is at its peak. If you are going to be outside, be sure to apply plenty of sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure. It is also a good idea to wear a hat and sunglasses whenever possible.
- Sleep Well & Stay Cool: Sleep plays a vital role in your health and well-being. Getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental and physical health, safety, and quality of life. Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing; choose light, breathable fabrics such as cotton. Go swimming, cycling, etc.
This is the season when one should pay that extra attention in restoring health and well being. This season, follow the above 5 simple tips to feel alive and rejuvenated. .Once these tips become a habit a part of the lifestyle, you are sure to have the best summer experience this season and seasons to come.